Landon’s Gourmet Kitchen is a Kid Friendly Restaurant with playground located in San Marcos CA. Landon’s unique offering is a farm-to-table approach to casual dining with an emphasis on family friendly dining. Landon’s offers on-site childcare for parents who choose to dine without children, but keep them close. Sustainable, locally-grown foods are offered at reasonable prices.
Announcing Landon’s Gourmet Kitchen: A Restaurant Serving Gourmet Food With On-Site Childcare
My husband Garrett and I decided to open a farm-to-table, casual dining restaurant with on-site childcare after my son, Landon, was born. We realized we couldn’t go out to eat without a huge production. We had to find and hire a babysitter we could trust. Then (IF she didn’t cancel), we had to spend 15 minutes showing her where to find everything and letting her know what my son needed before we could get out the door.
Then we had to make sure we were back right on time and apologize profusely if we were late.
Plus, it was expensive! Do you ever feel like this?
Landon’s Gourmet Kitchen allows you to make last-minute plans—a luxury most parents simply don’t get to experience!
Our on-site play area for children allows you bring your kids while still enjoying your dining experience. No reservations required.
Stay as long as you like and enjoy our casual dining atmosphere and fresh, California cuisine.
I hope Landon’s can give parents a chance to connect and spend some quality time together, without the hassle!
If this sounds good to you, sign up to receive updates on our opening and a 10% discount on food and childcare.
Kid Friendly Restaurant with playground: San Marcos CA
Landon’s supervised Playroom is a safe and secure place for parents to leave their children to ensure parents are given the opportunity to have as much adult time as possible. Children will be encouraged to read books, make arts and crafts, participate in group activities, and do homework.
Alternatively, video games, iPads, and movies will also be available upon request and parents can set a limited “screen time” for their child. Parents and guardians must remain on premises for the duration of stay. Landon’s is not a licensed childcare facility.
Landon’s caring staff is made up of experienced and passionate childcare professionals. All employees have undergone background and reference checks and are certified in infant, child and adult CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and First Aid.
Landon’s Playroom Hours
Landon’s Playroom is open during restaurant hours.
Parents have the option of either choosing their child’s meal or allowing their child to choose his or her meal independently. Landon’s kids’ menu will include healthy meal choices made with vegetable puree and organic ingredients, when available.
Traditional items like chicken strips, spaghetti, and grilled cheese sandwiches are also available. Meal prices will vary depending on age.
Landon’s Playroom will be a place of enrichment, not just one of supervised play. Our staff will be trained and given the tools needed to provide a safe and fun experience for each and every child. Activities will include:
- Arts and crafts
- Group games and book readings
- Magicians, face painting, science experiments will be offered, promoted and scheduled on the website calendar
- Homework help will be offered
- Healthy meals and snacks will be offered
- Movies, reading and individual quiet time will be encouraged starting at 7:30 p.m. for younger children and 8:00 p.m. for older children.
- Book scavenger hunts that encourage children to read and look in different books for clues that result in a prize
All equipment, toys, mats, etc. are cleaned, washed, and sanitized on a daily basis or as needed for spills and accidents.
- Maximum age for Landon’s playroom is Six (6) years.
- Minimum age for Landon’s playroom is Twelve (12) months.
- All forms must be signed prior to the drop off of any children to Landon’s Playroom
- Parents are required to physically check in on children under One (1) year old once per hour.
- At check-in, parents will be given a security tag that must be presented at check-out. An additional security tag will be printed with the child’s name and is to be worn on the child at all times.
- Parents are required to share any special instructions, requirements or needs regarding children prior to finalizing check-in
Health and Safety
- Children must check in cleanly, in good health and with a clean diaper (for health and safety reasons, parents will be paged if a diaper needs changing)
- For health and safety reasons, children who have a runny nose, cough, or fever will not be permitted in Landon’s playroom: all illnesses are determined by staff discretion
- Aggressive behavior will not be permitted: parents will be notified immediately
- Spill-proof containers and sippy cups are allowed, but must be labeled with child’s name
- No personal snacks or toys allowed in Landon’s playroom
- Parents and guardians must remain on premises for the duration of stay
- Landon’s Playroom is available only to patrons of Landon’s Gourmet Kitchen while dining
- Socks are required at all times for all children (socks are available for purchase)
- Staff may use ‘sitting time’ as a form of discipline: one minute per year of age.